The Volunteer Process
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer for New Beginnings GSP Rescue, Inc. Please read the rules and regulations below, then fill out the volunteer form.
- Please read through our website so you have a clear understanding of who we are and what we do.
- If you are volunteering to help pull dogs from shelters, provide transport or help with fundraising, please go directly to the volunteer form. If you are willing to foster, please continue reading below.
- If you have had no experience with German Shorthaired Pointers, please research the breed so you will know what to expect from your foster dog.
- All rescue dogs must be contained in physical fencing…ABSOLUTELY NO E-FENCING (INVISIBLE, UNDERGROUND) OR SHOCK COLLARS. We do not allow fosters to homes without fencing, or with electric/underground fencing.
- The foster family provides food for the foster dog unless you can’t afford it.
- The Volunteer foster family will be required to keep in touch with the rescue so that the organization may know how the dog is doing in their foster homes.
- Foster families are asked to write biographies for the dogs in their care and provide suitable pictures so foster dogs can be added to Dogs for Adoption, Petfinder, etc. as soon as possible.
- Foster families are required to house train and crate train foster dogs if needed. Dogs are to be socialized with people and other dogs so their placement will go smooth.
Out Of State Adopters: We only adopt out within the Eastern Time Zone. We also strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- We do NOT adopt outside of the USA. International laws make contracts to difficult for our non-profit organization to navigate.
- We will NOT ship or fly dogs.
Rescue volunteer hours for making phone calls are Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 10am to 4pm, Closed on Sundays
All of our dogs are fostered in private homes! We do not have a kennel facility in Monrovia, MD for you to visit and meet the dogs. We are a Holistic/Alternative rescue!
Our Adoption Process consists of the following steps:
- Vet Check
- Home Check
- Final Approval and Contract Signing
The first step in volunteering with New Beginnings GSP Rescue is to complete a Volunteer Application.
Once your application is received, we will review your application. Next, one of our rescue volunteers will contact you via phone or email, that can take up to several days to a couple of weeks!
We will contact your veterinarian in regards to your pet’s history with routine health care and overall responsibility with pet ownership. In some cases, your veterinarian will require your permission to release the information that we need. Please call them ahead of time to give your permission for them to speak with us. We do not have time to contact you if you have failed to do this. We will not move forward with your application!
If the phone interview and vet check are acceptable, the next step in the process is to arrange a date and time for a volunteer to come to your home to perform a home visit. If the applicant lives in a rural location, we may ask for pictures of the home and yard/fence area.
After all of the previously described steps have been completed, you will be notified of your final approval. A time and date will be set for the contract signing.